The format includes four sessions with major experts.
The JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR)
– Joyce Field, JewishGen VP, Data Acquisition
How to Catalog Jewish Cemeteries for JOWBR
– Ada Green, chair, JGSNY Cemetery Project
Do Stones Speak? – Interpreting Jewish Monuments; Visiting Jewish Cemeteries
– Rabbi Abraham Laber, founder, Jewishdata.com
Panel on Cemetery Preservation and Restoration
– Chaim Bruder, Heritage Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Cemeteries
– Steve Lasky, founder, Museum of Family History
– Norman Weinberg, executive coordinator, Poland Jewish Cemeteries Restoration Project
Cost: $30 (JGSNY members); $36 (others). Advance registration required by November 10; there will be no onsite registration. Click here for the registration form and other details.